Quick Overview:- A utility for changing the
Date-TimeStamp (as well as the four more normal file attributes) of
files on NT-based operating systems such as Windows XP. Simply unzip
the download and run from a location of your choice. No registry
entries or additional files are created. Feedback or any bug reports
would be much appreciated.
(The unzipped TimeStampNT.exe is 64kB with an MD5 = 09cac4ddbbadc959bfcfbaa5310b06a5).
Version 2.1 has a bug fix that now allows midnight to be set as the time.
Originally designed in response to a query on the
PCGuide Forums for
a freeware utility to
change the time/date attributes for files in a specific folder. The
first version was not only liable to crash but also needed a way to be
able to change the four most common file attributes (ReadOnly, Hidden,
System and Archive) which can now be done in the second version.
- NT Operating Systems only. Just tested so far on Windows 2000 and Windows XP but should work on other NT OSes.
- Cannot set TimeStamps on Read Only Files or CDR type media. So
the user must manually use the utility to first remove this attribute
from such files.
- Can only change the attributes of files and not of folders.
Cannot even see Hidden Folders so these must first be unhidden from My
Computer or by using the Command Prompt; (attrib -h -s -r "folder_name"
- Packet-Writing (eg Nero InCD) formatted CDs not tested.
- Resets all three timestamp attributes (a) Created (b) Modified and (c) Last Accessed to the same new value.
You will be prompted before changes are made to any files but once that has been OK'd note that there is no way of instituting any Undo. Of course if you note any original values then these should be able to be re-applied.
Use completely at your own risk; there is a link to a Disclaimer at the bottom of the page.
MD5 values relate to the exe inside the zip files.
Version 18.104.22.168 (64kB MD5=0c2c5944b38fc0252d740cf7f0ff9402).
Version 22.214.171.124 (52kB MD5=46fea550bddf923f225fbab5f74359d1)